Negative emotional energy is almost everywhere. You find it every time you find a chronic complainer, when a person tries to manipulate you to put his needs before yours or when someone discharge his anger, frustration or resentment on you.
What is negative emotional energy?
Negative emotional energy is all that takes away our joy, that steals our strength and thrust and ends up demotivating us or making us feel bad, either because we get depressed, anxious or angry.
Unfortunately, every day we are exposed to that negative emotional energy. This comes to us through the emotional reactions of the people around us or even through the messages transmitted by the media.
In fact, in a society like ours, it’s hard to stay away from that kind of energy. The main problem is that if we are not aware of it and absorb it, it will end up producing a cumulative effect, which is very damaging to our emotional and physical balance.
Therefore, it is essential to learn to deal with negative emotional energy, so that it does not harm us or that its influence is as minimal as possible.
How to develop your emotional shield?
No one is a complete island himself, so it is practically impossible not to be influenced by negative emotional energy. Even so, there are people who manage to deal with that negativity and maintain a positive attitude, it is as if they use a kind of emotional shield.
What do these people do differently?
1. Create happiness within themselves. These people are not leaves moved by the wind, they do not base their happiness on external circumstances but understand that it is an inner state. In this way, they don’t let others ruin their mood, they look for joy and peace within themselves.
2. Have a positive thinking. It is not about being naive optimists, but about knowing how to find the positive in adversity, learning to use the right prisms, instead of always looking through a gray prism. People who think more positively can turn situations around, preventing them from emotionally destabilizing them.
3. Avoid impulsivity. People “immune” to negative emotional energy do not repress their emotions or hide them, but they are able to master their impulsiveness, allowing reflection to predominate. In this way, they don’t fall into the spider web that manipulators or aggressive people usually create. These people thoroughly assess their next step, prioritizing their emotional stability over all things.
4. Accept failure. Negative emotional energy comes not only from others, but also from our inner dialogue. Therefore, it is essential not to feed frustration and accept failure or mistakes as part of life, as necessary steps towards growth. It’s about accepting setbacks without collapsing, recomposing and moving forward, without losing the thrust, thinking that every time you fall, you’ll be closer to your goal.
5. They do not seek approval. When your life revolves around the approval of the others, you give up control of your emotions and allow the opinions of those around you to dictate your mood. Of course, we cannot completely separate ourselves from the opinions of the others, but we must prevent our self-esteem and humor from relying on good or bad reviews. People “immune” to negative emotional energy are those who do not seek the approval of the others because they are aware that an opinion is always a biased view, which does not represent them in their entirety.
6. They think there is always a solution. It is true that sometimes life is twisted and it is difficult to glimpse a way out, but these people are aware that, even if they fail to catch a glimpse of the solution, it exists and, sooner or later, they will find it. In this way they can stay positive even in adversity, and manage to keep an open mind in the face of new opportunities, willing to take advantage of them when they arise.
7. They assume their responsibility. People who do not get infected with negative emotional energy are those who do not blame themselves, but assume their share of responsibility. In this way, whether they succeed or fail, they are aware that their decisions, attitudes and behaviors have led them to that point. By assuming this perspective, these people have greater control over their lives and a greater sense of satisfaction that keeps negativity at bay.
8. Believe in themselves. The world will be in charge of giving you a thousand reasons to stop, you will have to find a thousand and one to move forward. To combat negative emotional energy, both that which comes from the others and from your own insecurities and fears, there is nothing better than fostering self-confidence, for which it is necessary to continually seek reasons to believe in your potentialities and strengths.
9. They relax. Relaxation is essential because it allows us to relieve tensions and prevent them from accumulating to the point to harm us. In fact, it has recently been shown that the ancient idea of consulting problems with the pillow is very effective because while we sleep, our brain is responsible for subtracting emotional impact to problems, so that when we wake up, we can see them from a more objective and rational perspective. Therefore, to create a shield against negative emotional energy it is essential to spend time resting and relaxing, which act like the current of a river, dragging in its path the negativity.
10. Create a positive environment. However resilient and emotionally stable we are, if we surround ourselves with negative people, it is difficult for them not to end up infecting us. That is why it is important to clean our environment and make sure that we spend as much time as possible with positive people, who give us something, not with people who continuously mourn, who are pessimistic and who exploit anything. Think of your interpersonal relationships like a garden and cultivate only those that really make you feel good.